Wednesday, June 26, 2019

     Step by step I am making some pathways. I don't know why I haven't done this before but I have become obsessed with the show "Big Dreams, Small Spaces." I think putting in your path or paths first can help you better plan a garden. I know where my natural paths are and where I want some to lead but my main problem is what to use for the borders. I should have started long ago. Right now I have nothing and have been using a reel mower to keep the paths mowed down. I was thinking of making a nice mossy pathway which would be good on the feet if one wanted to walk barefooted. I have lots of moss around so that would come in handy. But, I don't think moss likes full sun so I may have to ditch that idea. I was thinking maybe I could steal some of the pea gravel from the former play yard, now bird haven. I would most certainly need some type of border to keep those tiny rocks from straying. I'm thinking I may use medium sized rocks to start the lining of the main path which separates the clover from the wildflowers. I won't have enough but it is a start.






     While trying to clear out some brush from underneath the trees in a certain area I came upon a path that was used a long time back. I decided to line it with the long branches that were laying nearby. I think I will call the old path, "Hickory Hollow" because that was the name of the cabin I stayed in along with other Girl Scouts when I was younger. Girl Scouting, family camping trips, and the neighborhood I grew up in helped create my love for nature and the outdoors.










     While I was sitting on the deck, a rabbit starting hoping down the pathway I haven't even put a border on yet. I guess it just new where to walk. I mean hop. He was looking for something. I think a place to find shelter. It was getting ready to rain. I figure he probably found a place.
     






Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.









   

No comments:

Post a Comment