Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Don't You Just LOVE Surprises!

     Looking out the kitchen window, I noticed a tall flower along the edge of the creek. I knew exactly what it was because it appeared last year and I had researched its name. The internet is so useful for finding out information on plants and animals. The next day after a little rain, the two-foot stemmed pink flower had fallen over. I remembered it had fallen over last year also. I thought maybe a squirrel or cat had stepped on it. I was a little sad. I went out to investigate because even if it was broken, I still wanted a picture. To my surprise, it was just leaning over on the ground. I held it up to take a photo and then placed a rock against its stem for support. I noticed two other buds next to it getting ready to make their appearances.
     Last year while trying to stand the flower up, I broke it so I brought it in and put it in a vase. This year I was careful and was able to leave it to be enjoyed.

To every thing there is a season. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Surprise Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment